Turmеric is a supеr spice that has anti-aging, anti-oxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. The key compound is named curcumin which mostly contributes to turmeric’s healing properties. There are above 7,000 peer-reviewed scientific articles which have been published that are proving its effectiveness. Please check the following reasons why turmeric is a great way to start your mornings:
- Anti–cancer properties – it is a powerful antioxidant which helps in protecting the body from unstable molecules which damage the cells.
- Protects the brain – dementia and Alzheimer’s are often connected to decreased levels of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, a type of growth hormone. Cucumin positively influences the levels of this hormone, reversing certain brain disease or age-related decline of our brain functions.
- Improves digestion – eating turmeric daily will assist in releasing the bile which helps in food digestion.
- Fights inflammation naturally – chronic inflammation contributes to a lot of diseases, so curcumin. Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties are very powerful in matching and succeeding the effectiveness of some anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Helps in alkalizing the body – turmeric is an alkaline herb and it is great in killing cancerous cells as they cannot thrive in such an environment (they need acidic environment to thrive).
- Protects your liver – it has been shown to actively protect against toxic damage and even regenerate damaged liver cells. The natural production of bile is being boosted by turmeric, chrinking the engorged hepatic ducts, and improving overall function of the gallbladder.
- Helps reverse type 2 diabetes – there was a study that explored how supplementing with turmeric will help in reversing diabetes. Check Biochemistry and Biophysical Research Communications (2009).
- Delays aging and improves longevity – turmeric is one of the most potent therapeutic agents. Curcumin affects free radicals and inflammation which are believed to play a major role in aging.
- Soothes arthritis symptoms – one study showed that curcumin worked much better on joint pain as well as swelling than a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug named diclofenac.
- Offers heart protection – curcumin is able to prevent blood clotting and remove plaque build-ups in the arteries. One research from Japan came to a conclusion that a 3 week supplementation with curcmin significantly improves the cardiac health in male rats that have been given and injection to introduce autoimmune disease of the heart.
How to make turmeric water
Heat a bit of water and once warm, add 1 tsp of turmeric and stir well. It will settle to the bottom of the glass or cup, thus continue to stir the water as you drink it. Drink it while the water is still warm. Boost the power of turmeric by adding ½ tsp of black pepper.