First, we had to do the math on using our slow cooker. On a low setting for 4 hours, we found that our Taco Soup recipe will require about 600 watts of energy. (You should be able to find your slow cooker wattage on the bottom of the appliance). That was still going to be considerably less than cooking in our oven for 30 minutes or more, as well on the stove top for the sides. The slow cooker provided a one-stop meal. Everything into the pot and you can be done.
- 1 lb. hamburger meat, browned
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of Ranch Style beans
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packet
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 ½ cup water
- cilantro, to taste (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- corn tortilla strips (optional)
- onion, diced (optional)
- avocado slices (optional)
- Brown, drain, and rinse hamburger meat.
- Add meat,corn, beans, tomatoes, seasoning packets, and water into slow cooker. Add cilantro, if desired. Stir and cover.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and top with your choice of toppings, such as shredded cheese, corn tortilla strips, onions and avocado slices.