How to recognize GENETICALLY MODIFIED food?

Genetically modified products can be avoided by regularly and carefully read the declaration of the product. Increasingly, shelves selling products declared as GMO-Free. Does this then mean that all other GMOs? Actually, they are, in whole or indirectly. Shocking is the fact that the impact of GM foods on human consumption never scientifically confirmed, although 80% of packaged food contains ingredients with manipulated DNA.

Scientists genetically modified crops to increase plant resistance to pests, yield and reduce the time required for maturation. The biggest problem is that we do not know how these foods affect our health because the results of the studies on this subject have not yet been published. However, research in private laboratories have shown that GMO food is killing living organisms, and if consumed over a long period of time, can cause serious illness such as cancer, tumors, deformities, and malformations.

Council nutritionist is to stick to fresh foods or those that are locally grown, and that GMO products in a wide arc avoid.

If GMO products are not labeled, there is a trick that will help in the identification of GMO foods.

Look for the number on the product label – PLU (Product Number Lookup)

If the PLU four-digit number that starts with 3 or 4, the product is GMO, but originated on a farm that uses chemicals and pesticides that can also be toxic and dangerous to the human body.

If the number on the label has five digits beginning with 9, the product is organic, grown without chemicals, pesticides or without genetic modification. These foods are completely safe.

The products, however, indicated a five-digit number and the starting number 8 GMO crops that are grown with the use of unnatural genetic modification.

Another way to avoid GMOs is to eat fruit that is rarely genetically modified: onions, pineapples, avocados, peas, mango, eggplant, kiwi, cantaloupe, cabbage, sweet potatoes, grapefruit, watermelon, and mushrooms.

The following products, however, are more likely to be genetically modified: apples, celery, peppers, peaches, strawberries, nectarines, grapes, spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, blueberries, potatoes, green beans, kale, oranges, corn, zucchini, cherry and spicy peppers.

Basic principles of recognizing GMO food

 

GMO food is generally more beautiful, rounder, brighter, the products are of uniform size and looks, bright colors, no bruising and damage and with no rot and scars.

When natural vegetables are different, just as we are not all equally tall, thick or thin.

We recommend that you buy a bumpy, irregular fruits and vegetables that ugly looking.

It is very important that the fruits and vegetables of different colors and shapes. It does not matter if the fruit or vegetables were hit or somewhere a bit rotten because it means that it is alive and natural.

On those shelves where there is this kind of fruit and vegetables, there is little chance that the GMO products.

Ignore a nice package Exactly profitability GMO products allow manufacturers to spend more money on the beautiful packaging.

Get information on the Internet about which countries grow GMOs. If a product comes from a country that produces GMO, chances are it is.

Countries that have banned the import and production of GMOs are France, Switzerland, and Hungary.

The largest producers of GMOs are the United States, Argentina, Brazil, China, and India, which even says the GMO cotton.

Try it out of eating everything that could be GMO.

In most cases, this is the meat of animals that eat GMO food or popular snacks or chips because large companies prefer to raw materials to be uniform in size and composition.

Genetically modified food is the cheapest, while healthy foods are usually incredibly expensive, which is usually inaccessible to the poorer part of the population.

The old rule of staying healthy is eating seasonal fruits and vegetables. If the store is fruits and vegetables that are not in season, then it is often imported (which should be paid from that country a product comes) or grown in greenhouses with the use of some biotechnology, growth enhancers, and pesticides.

Even 92% of the world’s soy is GMO

According to the ISAAA (International Service for the purchase of agri-biotech documentation), as well as data from the European Union since 2007, when the global soybean production was 58.6% genetically modified (GMO), through 2010, when he was 80 % per cent, to date – 92% percent of the total world soybean production is GMO. This data is quite clear. They are very little chance that you will not you come to this 8% soy, not GMO.

GMO cotton

When Chinese workers who work with GMO cotton, mostly children, were observed symptoms of diseases called Morgellons. China, along with the United States, Brazil, Argentina and India, the largest producer of GMO. In touch with this cotton can get by buying Chinese goods, linens, fabrics, toys, and clothes the most famous seaside brands whose products are made in China.

Close

Pin It on Pinterest

Shares