Eczema affects around 10-20% infants and 3% children and adults in the United States. Eczema is a term used for a group of medical conditions causing irrigation or inflammation of the skin. Atopic Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis is the most commonly occurring kind of eczema. If you suffer from it, you will have inflamed skin, red rashes and itchy skin in certain body parts like your face, hands, wrists, knees, and even entire body. When the skin is affected by eczema, it will have intense itching and at times it could even lead to bleeding on scratching the skin.
You can find so many lotions and creams on the market that claim to treat this serious itchy skin condition. But these over the counter creams and drugs come with their own set of side effects. That’s why we are introducing this miraculous ingredient – apple cider vinegar, which can effectively treat this itching skin disorder.
Here you will find out how to prepare different remedies using apple cider vinegar for treating eczema. So how it is that apple cider vinegar is able to fight eczema?
- Anti-fungal properties – The anti-fungal and antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar help in killing the bacteria responsible for causing eczema. When you use it, the development of eczema-causing bacteria will stop.
- Promoting cell renewal – The beta-carotene found in apple cider vinegar help in promoting cell renewal. Thus, it helps in making the skin affected by eczema healthier.
- Potassium benefits – Apple cider vinegar has high levels of potassium that helps in treating different types of allergic conditions. Potassium also has astringent properties and helps in maintaining your skin’s pH balance. This further helps in treating eczema effectively.
- Fiber benefits – Apple cider vinegar not only contains vitamins and minerals, it is also rich in fiber. They help in flushing out toxins from your body, which would otherwise have caused eczema.
- Stronger immune system – Eczema is also caused when your immune system is weak. The mineral salts, vitamin B1, pectin, acetic acid, minerals, and riboflavin found in apple cider vinegar help in promoting stronger immune system. Therefore, it is beneficial not only in curing but also preventing eczema.
- Treatment for itching – Applying apple cider vinegar on your skin can help in treating dry skin conditions. Dry skin is among the major causes behind eczema. It can also give you relief from itching sensation caused by eczema.
You can use apple cider vinegar all alone or along with various ingredients for preparing your eczema home remedies.
Diluting Apple Cider Vinegar in Water
When you apply apple cider vinegar on the skin affected by eczema, it can give you great relief. It is also antibacterial and antifungal, which helps in treating the skin condition fast.
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Water – 2 tablespoons
- Cotton balls – 2 or 3
- Take a small bowl and put the apple cider vinegar in it and mix water.
- Soak one cotton ball and apply on the eczema-affected skin.
- Repeat the remedy until you get the desired improvement.
Note: If you have sensitive skin, you should be taking only one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in half cup water.