Hair, like nails, is an extension of your epidermis, the outer layer of your skin. It is mainly formed of protein. If you want healthy hair, read this article to find best tips about how to get healthy hair. By following healthy hair tips given in this article, you will be having hair that is strong, moisturized, without split ends and that does not shed a lot.
These tips will also be helpful in repairing your hair, if it is dull, dry, brittle, sun damaged, having split ends or is suffering from too much coloring of hair or use of hair dryers, flat irons, styling and heating products.
You will also find in this article the best methods for growing healthy hair from the ingredients found in your kitchen. We suggest that you look out for these ingredients first in your grocery store instead of hair stores and if they are available in your grocery store, buy from there because the ones that are available in hair store may not be pure and they are also more expensive.
Healthy Hair Tips: Here are given healthy hair tips to help you keep your hair shiny, healthy and beautiful.
(1) Massage hair oil to your hair twice a week to your hair roots and ends. Extra virgin olive, Jojoba, and Sweet almonds oils are excellent tonics for your hair. Coconut oil works wonders for thick and heavy hair. It will help you in keeping your hair roots and ends moisturized and keep it away from being dull and unhealthy.
An effective way is to dampen your hair and apply small quantity of one or mix of these botanical oils thoroughly onto your hair. Cover your hair with a warm towel and shower cap for 25-30 minutes, then rinse and shampoo your hair as usual.
(2) Avocado and Egg: Avocados are rich in vitamins, essential fatty acids and minerals that contribute to reinstating luster to your hair. Crush a ripe avocado (seed removed) and blend it with an egg. Apply the mixture thoroughly to your wet hair and leave it on for twenty minutes, then rinse it off your hair completely. You can repeat this once a month, if you are having healthy hair and once week in case of having damaged hair.
(3) Shampoo Omelet: To enhance protein in your hair, mix on egg with a small quantity of shampoo and apply to your hair for five minutes then rinse it off your hair.
(4) Convert shampoo of your choice into an herbal shampoo by adding in a few drops of essential oils. Dilute your eight ounce bottle of shampoo by half by mixing water and add about 20-25 drops of lavender essential oil.
(5) Avoid washing your hair every day, as it takes away its natural oils every time you wash your hair. Consider washing your hair every 2 or 3 days, unless your hair is super dry.
(6) While shampooing your hair, try not to apply it onto the hair ends. It will really dry out your hair ends. Just apply it onto the top of your hair. While rinsing, the lathers of the shampoo will clean your hair ends also.
(7) Home Made Hair Conditioner: We bring for you healthy hair tips to condition your hair by using some household ingredients that are available in your kitchen.
(i) Mayonnaise is a very effective conditioner. This is a very rich source of protein. Massage generous quantity of mayonnaise onto your hair to cover it thoroughly for about an hour and then wash your hair with shampoo of your choice. This will help you in getting soft and shiny hair.
(ii) Blend 2 ounces of extra virgin oil and aloe vera gel with 5-6 drops of sandalwood and rosemary essential oils. Olive oil works as emollient, aloe moisturize, rosemary put in softness and sandalwood adds shine and fragrance.
(8) To restore the pH level of your scalp mix one part of apple cider vinegar and two parts of very warm water. Pour this mixture into your hair and massage it onto your scalp. Let it dry out for a few minutes. Wash your hair as usual.
9) Wet Hair Care Tips: Your hair is at its most vulnerable stage and more prone to breaking when it is wet.
(i) Normal brushing wet hair might break your strands or cause split ends. Instead use a wide tooth comb when your hair is wet.
(ii) Heat Blower is not good for the health of your hair. Save blow drying for special occasions. Instead wrap your wet hair gently in a towel and let the towel absorb the moisture for some time and then air dry your hair. Do not rub towel or wring your hair with a towel after washing your hair.
(iii) If you must use a blow dryer, then use it on a cool setting or at a little just warm setting and hold it away from your hair to protect your hair from any heat. Too much use of blow dryer will age your hair faster.
(iv) Get dressed and put on your make-up first before you style your hair. This way, your hair will be almost dry and ready to style.
(10) Use heat protection spray when you use hot rollers or flat irons onto your hair. You can also use it when you blow dry your hair.
(11) Before you go to sleep, wrap your hair or braid your hair into a loose ponytail. This way you will have fewer knots in your hair.
(12) Brushing Your Hair Care Tips: Avoid too much brushing of your hair. It does not help in any manner to make your hair healthy or better.
(i) Use a natural bristle brush like a boar bristle brush. These kind of brushes spread oils throughout your hair from roots to hair ends, so it prevent split ends and make it softer and shinier.
(ii) Don’t use brush on your wet hair. Instead use a wide-tooth comb on wet hair.
(13) Foods For Healthy Hair: Eat a healthy hair diet, comprising of following healthy hair foods:
(i) Protein: Fish, Chicken, eggs or soy. Protein makes your hair healthy.
(ii) Essential Fatty Acids, particularly omega-3 acids: They nurture not only healthy hair, but also healthy skin and nails. Go for salmon, tuna, mackerel, flax seed oil, walnuts, almonds and milk.
(iii) Vitamins B-6, B-12 and Folic acid: They contribute to long healthy hair. You can either take a multivitamin to get more of these nutrients or better you can include following foods in to your diet:
(a) Vitamin B-6: Bananas, potatoes and spinach;
(b) Vitamin B-12: Meat, poultry, fish and dairy products;
(c) Folic Acid: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, beans, lentils, and whole grain.
(14) Hair Treatment at home: Following are very effective at home hair treatments that you can apply from time to time:
(i) Give a deep hair condition treatment to your hair at home. Read here to learn about How to deep condition your hair at home.
(ii) Use a leave-in conditioner at least once a week. It penetrates deep into your hair cuticles to repair damaged hair and help in healing of your hair.
(iii) Try a spray leave-in conditioner or detangler, after you have taken shower to make your hair more pliable.
(iv) Consider applying a hot oil treatment once a week. Mix any three different kinds of essential oils in to a container. Warm it in a microwave for some time. Massage the warm mixture onto your hair and let this application sit on your hair for about an hour, and then wash it off to make your hair healthy and look thick and glossy.