The Sun’s UV rays can cause skin cancer and premature aging. Sunscreen application is an effective measure to protect your skin from skin cancer, premature aging and wrinkles. But to be effective, you need to apply sunscreen correctly. Read on here the proper way to apply sunscreen tips.
Follow these 7 Sunscreen Application Tips to safeguard your skin from skin cancer, wrinkles and premature aging.
1. Choose SPF: Look out for a sunscreen that contains SPF of 30 or higher. Moreover, the sunscreen should better be water resistant and that which provides broad-spectrum coverage. A broad-spectrum coverage will protect your skin from both UVA and UVB rays.
2. When To Apply Sunscreen: Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going outdoors. It takes at least 15 minutes for your skin to absorb the sunscreen properly to protect your skin effectively. Do not wait until you are out to apply sunscreen, as in that case you are likely to sunburn your skin.
3. How Much Sunscreen: Apply the sunscreen generously. To get effective protection from sunrays, most adults require at least an ounce of sunscreen. That’s roughly the size of a shot glass or the amount that one can hold in one’s palm. You need to completely cover all the exposed area of your body. Rub the sunscreen thoroughly into your skin.
4. Where To Apply Sunscreen: Don’t leave any portion of your bare skin that is likely to be exposed to the sun. This means apply it on your neck, face, ears, bare areas of your feet and legs. To apply on the areas that are difficult to reach, such as back, either take the help of someone or use a spray sunscreen. In case of those who are having thinning hair, either apply sunscreen to your scalp or cover your head with a wide-brimmed hat. For your lips, use a lip balm that has a SPF of at least 15.
5. How To Apply Sunblock: The proper way to apply sunscreen is to rub it into your skin, until you don’t see the whiteness of the screen.
How Often Should You Apply Sunscreen
To get protection from both UVA and burning UVB rays, you need to reapply sunscreen at every two hours, or immediately after swimming or excessive sweating. Its reapplication is more needed because of the reason that the people usually don’t apply enough sunscreen in the first time.
Natural Beauty Tips About Sunblock:
(i) Choose a sunscreen for your skin type. Look out for a special sunscreen for your face. In case of oily skin, go for an oil free formula and for sensitive skin – buy a specific formula.
(ii) There is no such thing as a complete sunblock. Sunscreen offers only some protection. So even after applying sunscreen don’t unnecessarily over expose yourself to the sun rays.
(iii) It’s a good idea to wear sunglass and a broad-brimmed hat as well along with the sunscreen.
(iv) Don’t use expired product.
(v) Consider adding moisturizer to sunscreen to make it more effective.
(vi) Your skin is exposed to the sun’s harmful rays even on cloudy days and in winter. So even if you are walking in your neighborhood, you need to use sunblock.
(vii) Be careful to avoid rubbing your eyes without washing your hands, as the sunscreen can sting into your eyes a lot.
Follow above tips about how to apply sunscreen correctly to avoid skin cancer, wrinkles and premature aging.