What makes Carrot Coconut Soup so healthy and great, is because it is rich in vitamin A and it contains healthy ingredients, like carrots, coconut and ginger.
Aside from that, it is made of real whole food ingredients, unlike the canned soups that are made with soy protein, modified food starch and additives like monosodium glutamate or (MSG).
What more, this can be prepared in just 30 minutes! So its just 30 minutes away to optimal health.
Carrot Coconut Soup Recipe
Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin K1 and calcium. When it is eaten as part of an overall healthy diet, the nutrients in carrots provide protection against stroke, heart disease and helps build strong bones.
Coconut milk contains antioxidants, vitamins B, C and E, potassium, magnesium, iron and phosphorous. The fat present in coconut oil known as lauric acid, is converted by the body into monolaurin, a monoglyceride that can help destroy lipid-coated viruses, including measles, herpes, influenza and protozoa such as Giardia lamblia.
Broth is easily digestible and contain vital nutrients that promote healing throughout the body. It also helps in healing the lining of the gut.
Sweet potatoes are loaded with beta-carotene, an antioxidant that supports your immune system, helps lower risk of cancer and heart disease.
Turmeric contains curcumin, the polyphenol which is known as its primary active component and which shows over 150 potentially therapeutic activities. This therapeutic benefits include anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-cancer properties.
Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory, which is considered to be an important tool for pain relief. It also has antiviral, antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-parasitic properties.
5 ounce coconut milk
4 medium cloves garlic
2 cups sliced carrots
2 tablesppon sliced ginger
1 cup sweet potato,
1 tablespoon + 3 cups bone broth
1 large onion
1 teaspoon turmeric or curry powder
White pepper and salt to taste
1. Chop onion and leave for at least 5 minutes to bring out its health benefits.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon broth in a pot. Then saute the onion in broth, using medium heat for 5 minutes, while stirring often.
3. Add the garlic and ginger, while continuing to saute for another minute.
4. Add turmeric or curry and mix well with onions.
5. Add the broth, sweet potato and carrots. Simmer using high heat, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add coconut milk.
6. Then blend in batches, while making sure that then blender is not more than half full. Add pepper and salt to taste.
7. Return to the soup pot and reheat.