Vinegar or “sour wine” is made from any carbohydrate which can be fermented, including grapes, dates, coconut, potatoes, beets, and apples. Vinegar is traditionally made through a long, slow fermentation process which leaves it rich in bioactive components such as acetic acid, gallic, caffeic acid, catechin, epicatechin and many more providing its potent beneficial properties like antioxidant, antimicrobial, and so on.
These are the health benefits of apple cedar vinegar
- Diabetes – vinegar is anti-glycemic and beneficially affects blood sugar levels, so the acetic acid in it is able to lower blood sugar through preventing the complete digestion of complex carbohydrates. This is done by accelerating gastric emptying or increasing the uptake of glucose by bodily tissues. In this way sugar is pulled out of the blood, preventing the sugar levels from spiking.
- Heart health – a study showed that ACV is able to reduce cholesterol in lab rats, while another study discovered that the acetic acid lowered rat’s blood pressure. Moreover, it can decrease triglyceride levels and VLDL levels in animals.
- Weight loss – it has anti-obesity effects by increasing satiety and reducing the total amount of food consumed. When volunteers consumed a small amount if vinegar along with a high-carb meal they consumed less food for the remainder of the day. The reduction equated to about 200 to 275 calories a day – an amount that would result in a monthly weight loss of up to 1.5 pounds.
- Sore throat – ACV help in this condition due to its antibacterial properties. You may combine 1/3 cup of ACV and warm water, and gargle when needed.
- Skin irritations – ACV is great for bug bites, poison ivy, as well as sunburn. You may apply it directly to the affected area, or just try to soak in a bath (add 1 cup of it).
Apple cedar Vinegar around your house
Use distilled white vinegar for household use and the cider vinegars, made from fermenting fruits such as apples, for consumption, but if you prefer natural cleaning without harmful chemical substances, you can use apple cider vinegar around your home as well. It is very useful with cleaning your bathroom, kitchen and even your bedroom, since it doesn’t contain any dangerous substances.