Tacos are very special way to enjoy Mexican cuisine, they are quick, filling and flavor packed. They are very good partner for your taste buds with keeping the calories low in count. It is a simple form of a recipe where you can do ‘n’ no of combinations out of your creativity. Here we shall see certain tasty and nutritious Taco recipes,
Taco Veggie delight
- 2 red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup sweet white wine
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 12 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas, warmed
- Sauté first 5 ingredients in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add cumin and oregano; sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add beans, and cook until thoroughly heated. Add spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Serve in warm tortillas with cheese, if desired.
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 5 ounces lean grounded beef
- Mix all the ingredients given above and serve with the warm tortillas.
Mango Avocado Taco
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1/2 sliced small red onion
- 3 thinly sliced radishes
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 peeled firm ripe mango, cut into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks
- 1 sliced peeled firm ripe avocado
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- Canola oil (for brushing grill)
- 8 (6-inch) blue or yellow corn tortillas
- Combine the red wine vinegar, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove the pan from heat, and stir in the red onion and radishes. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cooled.
- Rinse fish; pat dry. Gently toss with 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and the garlic in shallow glass dish. Marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Gently toss mango and avocado in small bowl with remaining 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and 2 tablespoons each cilantro and remaining lime juice.
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill rack or grill pan. Remove fish from marinade, and grill, turning once, 2–3 minutes per side or until cooked through and golden brown. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm. Grill tortillas lightly until pale golden and slightly crisp. Transfer to 4 serving plates, folding tortillas to form U-shape.
- Fill tortillas with fish, pickled vegetables, avocado mixture, remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro, and salsa verde, if desired; serve.