Coconut Water is also mentioned as mother nature’s sports drink, coconut water itself is a refreshing drink , low in calories, yet tasty and exotic. It is a super nutritious and hydrating drink. Coconut water is actually the juice present inside the interior cavity or endosperm of young, tender coconut. Its water is one of the nature’s most refreshing drinks, consumed worldwide for its nutritious and health benefiting properties.
Health benefits of coconut water
- Coconut water contains a special element cytokinins, which is significant in anti-aging, anti-thrombotic effects.
- Coconut water has been generally offered to patients with diarrhea in many tropic regions to replace the fluid loss from the gastrointestinal tract and to reduce the need for hospitalisation.
- Coconut water is composed of many naturally occurringbioactive enzymes such as acid phosphatase, catalase, dehydrogenase, diastase, peroxidase, RNA-polymerases In effect, these enzymes help in the digestion and metabolism.
- Its liquid is also a very good source of B-complex vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pyridoxine, and folates. These vitamins are essential in the sense that the human body requires them from external sources to replenish.
Here we shall some refreshing drinks recipes using coconut water,
Pineapple coconut shake
- 1/3 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1 c. coconut water
- 1/4 c. unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- 3/4 c. frozen pineapple chunks
- Sweetener of choice to taste, if desired
- Combine the oats, coconut water, and coconu t flakes in a small container with a lid. Stir together, cover, and refrigerate overnight (or at least 2 hours if you’re not having this for breakfast–this step helps soften up the oats).
- Add the oat mixture and the frozen pineapple chunks to your blender. Puree until completely smooth and add sweetener to taste if you need.
Lemon Coconut splash
- 1 Cup coconut water
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 lemon (optional)*
- crushed ice
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass and add crushed ice. Now the drink is ready to serve.
A hydrating Tropical desert
- 1 cup coconut water
- 4 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 2 cups cubed fresh or frozen pineapple
- 2 cups cubed fresh or frozen mango
- Ice, if needed
- Place everything in blender and puree until smooth. Drink immediately, or store in fridge for up to 2-3 days.