Coconut oil has never stopped to amaze us with its health benefits. It can also help in the kitchen, but now we will focus on your overall health. Coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer of the skin and is an important ingredient in a number of hair treatments. Here is what else it is good for:
- Cuticle treatment – rub some oil on your fingers and toe nails, massaging gently. Repeat the procedure often if you would like to keep rugged cuticles tame. It will also keep your nails from any fungal infections due to its anti-fungal properties.
- Oil pulling – this is a traditional method which helps in eliminating the bacteria from the oral cavity. Swish a teaspoon of it in your mouth for 10 minutes, or 20 minutes if you can.
- Shave your legs – it will make the skin of your legs baby soft. Just rub it on the skin before you shave them.
- Eye makeup remover – wash your face well and use the coconut oil to remove any makeup remains.
- Skin moisturizer – it will reduce scars, stretch marks and will also prevent sagging skin. For this, try the whipped coconut oil body butter.
- Carrier oil – each time you feel stressed, just make a combination of 1 tbsp. of coconut oil and couple of drops of your essential oil. Panaway is amazing for sore muscles, Peace and Calming will help you relax, lemon and peppermint will boost your energy, and lavender will promote better sleep.
- Frizz tamer – use a small amount as too much of it will make your hair look oily.
- Rash and burn cream – it works amazing in diaper rashes and a small amount will be enough to eliminate it.
- Hair treatment – the oil reduces protein loss when used in pre- or post- treatments, so add 1 tbsp. of it to the roots of your hair and spread it to the ends. Let it stay for half an hour and then rinse it.
Are you convinced to buy it now 🙂 ?